Skip to content
Learn About Energy
Use Energy Efficiently
Help the Environment
Tell Me More
Natural Gas Safety-SMART!
Natural Gas Science
The Travels of Natural Gas
Gas Pipeline Safety
Using Gas Safely
Using Gas Efficiently
Tell Me More
Natural Gas Glossary
What to Do If You Smell Gas
Natural Gas Evacuation Safety
Natural Gas Appliance Safety
Common Sense Gas Safety
Natural Gas Safety World Videos
Natalie & Gus Explore the World of Natural Gas Video
Contact 811 Before You Dig Video
How Dense Can You Be?
Make the Sustainable Choice
Find the Hidden Dangers
811 Before You Dig
Natural Gas FAQ
Natural Gas History
Careers in Energy
66265 Kids Home Water Efficiency
Home Water Inspection
Is your household doing as much as it can to help save water?
Print this checklist
and do this inspection to find out.
1. Do you keep your shower to 5 minutes or less, or take half-full baths?
2. Do you collect and reuse water when you can, such as when waiting for shower or sink water to heat up?
3. Do you turn the water off when brushing your teeth and soaping your hands?
4. Do you run the dishwasher only when it’s full, and use the short cycle?
5. Do you flush the toilet only when necessary, and not use it as a trash can?
6. Have you installed water-saving fixtures such as low-flow toilets, faucets, and showerheads?
7. Do you wash clothes in cold water, do only full loads, and use the short cycle?
8. Do you fix all leaks as soon as you notice them?
9. Do you keep a pitcher of water in the fridge instead of running the tap to get cold drinking water?
10. Do you wash fruits/vegetables in a partially filled sink and then rinse quickly under the tap?
11. Do you wash your car either at a public wash or by using a shutoff nozzle on your hose to limit water waste?
12. Do you limit outdoor water use by not overwatering lawns?
13. Do you sweep driveways or sidewalks instead of hosing them down?
Go to Top